Have a Great Day
“Have A Great Day!”is one way of telling your child that you hope their day will be a good one. Helping your child go and have that good day begins at home. They will carry your attitude into the classroom.
• Smile at your child – it can’t hurt!
• Find something to praise them for – it will start the ‘positive’ ball rolling
“You look great in that shirt”
“Thanks for getting dressed on time”.
• Encourage them to eat something good for breakfast. Remember that protein is brain food.
• Reinforce your belief in their abilities by telling them so.
“I know you’ll do well on that spelling test”.
• Let your child know that you love them every day.
Give them a hug
Blow them a kiss
Pat their back
Just tell them
Give them praise
Spend time with them
Enjoy their sense of humor
By helping your child to have a positive outlook on their day, your day will start off better too. So, … HAVE A GREAT DAY!
By: Jane Chafin, LCSW, ACSW